• Search
  • Twitter
  • Youtube
  • Login

Citation and sponsorship
1.How do I cite my use of PSID data? 
PSID reminds data users to cite the data and acknowledge our funding source in all publications using the data.

Citation: Panel Study of Income Dynamics, public use dataset [restricted use data, if appropriate]. Produced and distributed by the Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (year data were downloaded).

Acknowledgement: The collection of data used in this study was partly supported by the National Institutes of Health under grant number R01 HD069609 and R01 AG040213, and the National Science Foundation under award numbers SES 1157698 and 1623684.

Effective May 25, 2008, anyone submitting an application, proposal, or progress report to the NIH
must include the PubMed Central reference number (PMCID) or NIH Manuscript Submission
reference number when citing applicable articles that arise from their NIH funded
research: http://publicaccess.nih.gov/citation_methods.htm. In consideration of this policy, PSID
requests that all journal articles based on analysis of PSID data or its supplements (either public
or restricted-use) receive a PubMed Central reference number (PMCID). Journal articles must be
submitted to PubMed Central to receive a PMCID. The method of PubMed Central submission and
Investigator responsibility for submission depend on the journal and its publisher:

  1. Some journals automatically submit published articles to PubMed
    Central: http://publicaccess.nih.gov/submit_process_journals.htm.

  2. Some journal publishers may submit the articles to PubMed Central automatically or
    upon request by the author: http://publicaccess.nih.gov/select_deposit_publishers.htm#b.

  3. If neither the journal nor the journal publisher will submit the article to PubMed
    Central, the Investigator will be responsible for the submission. For detailed instructions
    on the process of submitting a journal article to PubMed Central, please see the NIH
    website: http://publicaccess.nih.gov/submit_process.htm.

Researchers with PSID restricted-use contracts should include PMCIDs in their list of PSID
publications submitted in biennial reports.

Researchers using PSID public-use data should send citations based on PSID publications you
have authored which have PMCIDs to psidhelp@umich.edu.

2.The Journal I am publishing in wants me to submit my data, am I allowed to do that? 
Though your code may be posted to other sites, the data itself should not be, per our Conditions of Use. We now have an account through the ICPSR’s our Data Repository , where you can safely store your data extracts, code, and documentation for your project.